Ted’s Trash Service, Inc. provides residential trash collection for the Independence and Raytown areas and strives to be efficient and reliable with friendly hardworking employees.
Call anytime during our office hours to get your service set up 816-252-1594 ext. # 2.
7am – 3pm Monday – Friday.
- Your refuse should be curbside by 6:00 a.m. the morning of your collection day. Please place waste in bags or containers that must NOT exceed 40 pounds. The weekly allowance is up to 2 containers or 8 bags. The maximum we will take is 8 bags once per week, regardless of quantity of containers. If more than the allowance is needed to be removed, please call the office for a special pickup.
- Ted’s Trash Service, Inc. offers residential customers a 95 gallon cart for refuse collection for a minimal fee.
- Contact our office if you are in need of collection for furniture, small appliances, construction material or an excessive amount of household trash. This will be collected on your regular pick up day at an additional charge.
- We require 3 months payment in advance to start service. We can take payment with a credit card by phone or you can come by our office Monday through Friday between 7am and 3pm to get set up with service. Here are our rates for residential service.
Household Refuse Service Rates
- Household Rate Option #1: $19 per month using your own bags or containers, up to 8 bags or 2 containers that must not exceed 40 pounds.
- Household Rate Option #2: $21 per month using one of our 95 gallon containers
- Senior Rate (65 years and up) Option #1: $15 per month using your own bags or container, up to 3 bags or 1 container that must not exceed 40 pounds.
- Senior Rate (65 years and up) Option #2: $17 per month using one of our 65 gallon containers
- The monthly household rate is based on garbage waste only such as paper, food waste, plastic products, and cardboard. Please contact our office the day before your pickup day if you need any large/bulk items picked up such as furniture, construction materials, appliances, or excessive amounts of household waste. These items must be scheduled the day before your normal pickup day with an additional special pickup charge. Broken Glass must be placed in a cardboard box that is clearly marked “Broken Glass”. Mattresses must be wrapped in plastic for removal and called in the day before your normal pickup day.
- We DO NOT empty trash from another company’s container
- Residential Co-Mingled Recycling Option #1: $6 per month with a 95 gallon container
- No plastic Bags, No shredded paper, No styrofoam, No pizza boxes, No glass, food waste containers must be cleaned out and free of debris.
- Residential Co-Mingled Recycling Option #2: Free Drop off Co-Mingled recycling facility located at 10800 E Truman Rd Independence, MO 64052. Open from Monday at 6am and closes Friday at 4pm.
- Yard waste removal is a separate service offered to our residential customers. For weekly pick up of YARD WASTE only, it is $120.00 per year for up to 10 paper bags per week. If you do not need weekly pick up, we sell yard waste stickers for $1.25 each which allows two bags of non-mulched raked leaves, one bag of grass clippings or one bundle of brush no more than 2ft in diameter and 4ft in length. Yard waste must be in paper compost bags or our 95 gallon container only and must not exceed 40 pounds. Plastic bags, and personal containers are NOT acceptable for yard waste. To rent one of our 95 gallon yard waste containers you must have the pay in advance for yearly service at $120 plus $2 per month for the cart totaling $144 for the year with a yard waste cart. Residential trash service is a separate cost, and you must have our residential trash service to have our yard waste service.
- Yard waste carts are also available upon request with yearly yard waste service.
- Please call our office about other yard waste options.
- The Holidays we observe are New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- Please call our office if you move or discontinue service.
Ted’s Refund Policy
All refunds from services that have been paid for are subject for approval. Any work performed on any paid service will be subject to fuel and labor costs as well as material costs. To ensure a full refund or avoid any charges, please call our office (816-252-1594) a day before any service or job is to be completed. If you are unsatisfied with any services performed, please call our office so that we may resolve the issue.